The BirdSong Theater
Suffolk Center’s Birdsong Theater is a 500-seat auditorium that hosts a range of musical performances and plays and is also available for private rental. What we’ve discovered is there are no bad seats here!
*Updated as of September 1, 2022
The Suffolk Center is accessible, meeting the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Roomier Seats: There are 4 larger seats available in the theater. Please call Box Office in advance for availability.
- Coat Check: For your convenience, there is a self-service coat rack located in the lobby. Ask an usher for the location.
- Concessions: For your enjoyment, at certain shows, concessions and beverages may be available for sale before the performances and during intermissions. Only drinks purchased in Suffolk Center sealable cups at the bars are permitted in the theater.
- Latecomers: Latecomers will only be seated at the discretion of the house management.
- Not Allowed: Outside food and beverages, photos, visual or sound recording, and the use of cell phones and tablets are not allowed in the theater. Cell phones, pagers and tablets must be silenced.
- Children in Lap Policy: All children of any age entering the theater must have a ticket. Children under 2 years of age are permitted to sit on a lap, but still must have a ticket.
- Safety: All patrons and personal belongings are subject to search prior to entry.
Box Office Policies
- Discounts: Suffolk Center members, at the $100 Level and above, are eligible for 10% off any ticket purchases. Group discounts are available for groups of 10 or more. Please call the Suffolk Center Box Office for more information.
- Gift Certificates: Gift Certificates are available for purchase in any amount in person at the Suffolk Center Administrative Offices.
- Ticket Exchanges/Refunds: There are no refunds or exchanges except in the event of a cancelled or rescheduled event.
- Single Tickets: The Suffolk Center is the only authorized seller of tickets to Suffolk Center events. The Suffolk Center is not responsible for tickets purchased online or in person anywhere other than the Suffolk Center website and Box Office. We will not honor, exchange or refund duplicate, counterfeit or invalid tickets.
- COVID-19: Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts values the health of our patrons, performers, and the community. Masks are strongly recommended for large gatherings inside our building. If you have been exposed to or have contracted COVID-19, the Suffolk Center will issue you a credit for a future performance.
Please contact the box office at 757-923-2900 for more information.