The Suffolk Center is excited to announce our 2019-2020 in-house matinee season that continues to provide quality, educational, and affordable experiences for students of all ages. We strive to select weekday matinees that help and support our local educators, whether public, private or at home.
We are thankful for the support of Virginia Commission for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts in helping make this season possible. We believe that every child deserves the opportunity to experience the arts through live theater and we are committed to being a helpful resource to enhance every student’s learning.
This school year, we have chosen shows that focus on Music, Literary Classics, Language Arts, History, Reading, Family Ties, and Self-Discovery. These performances are always SOL-based to help maintain a healthy and educational environment for every student. Students will also be able to experience these performances in a beautiful historical theater built in 1922.
We look forward to a fantastic season full of learning and growing in the arts!
- All School Matinees are at 11AM located in the Birdsong Theater at the Suffolk Center
- Performances are 55-60 minutes in length
- Student matinees are open to public schools, private schools, homeschool groups, and individuals
- Seating is General Admission, however, large school groups will have assigned seating based on time of reservations
- All groups should arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the performance to insure a prompt start time of the performance
- Groups traveling in a bus should use our drop-off location at the front of the building near the fountain and use the front steps to enter the building.
Please contact Gavin Harper, Education Manager, for questions and to reserve tickets for school groups.
757-923-0003 ext. 103, firstname.lastname@example.org